New Management: the Response, "Suck it."

I am unsympathetic to the complaints of some regarding the new management. Here is the (excerpted) response from the new management, who, apparently, share my view:

Captains,

I apologize for a lack of contact this weekend, I was away for a coaching clinic. I’ll try to touch on the issues that have been brought up here over the past few days.

1. Team rosters are a requirement to play in the league. You must go online and enter your team (with a number for each player) and you must bring a printed sheet for each game to have the players sign. The former so I can see who is USA Hockey registered and the latter so I can see who actually played on that given day. If you do not bring a printed sheet in, you can make a hand written one at the rink. I will not be providing you with your printed sheet. ("This isn't that hard. Stop being a baby.")

2. In order for your USA Hockey payment to translate into coverage, you must wear the proper USA Hockey equipment. This includes shoulder pads. This does not include cages or mouth guards.

I have not made up these rules myself and therefore there is no “wiggle room”. There will not be exceptions to particular rules made for particular divisions. ("Yah, the rules are a little arbitrary, but they aren't mine and insurance is important, so get over it . . . or play somewhere else.")

3. We are playing blue line icing and there is no overtime. This will be relayed to the referees. We play this way so that all games will start and end on time. ("You all know how annoying it is to show up for a 10:15 game, and not start until 10:45? This is intended to address that problem.")

. . .

I think that covers the major concerns. In the future, please do not “reply all” when responding to my e-mails unless it is absolutely necessary. I’m sure everyone doesn’t want their inbox full of Oakland Adult Hockey all year. ("Not everyone wants to hear your temper tantrum.") Aside from that, keep in mind that I am working with you. This league is not for me or about me. The schedule is being constructed with the goal of letting you play hockey, not me wanting you miss your family vacation. I have not changed any league fees or previously scheduled time slots. The rule changes are what come along with being USA Hockey registered. (We're trying to be reasonable, but we will still run this thing the way we run things.") The building has certainly been inspected and all necessary fix-ups will be happening. ("Rome wasn't built in a day.") So, while I certainly welcome your suggestions and feedback, there is a fine line between constructive communication and complaining. It is much easier for me to want to work with you when it’s kept to the first one. ("Quit your whining.")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

peakie said...

What a bunch of babies. Oakland is used to tons of wiggle room that eventually became completely making up the rules on a daily basis. Glad to see that's changing.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.