Shoulder Pads, Part Deux

So, with the new management, new rules. USA Hockey is enforced, meaning shoulderpads are no longer optional.

But I still don't want to wear this:

Gotta go light . . . so this:

Nike Bauer Supreme Classic Senior Hockey Shoulder Pads - 200

To nice looking. This?

Looking good . . . or this?Sherwood 5030 Traditional Senior Hockey Shoulder Pads

Itech 50 Senior Hockey Shoulder Pads

I was leaning towards the Sher-Woods -- classic old school, but the only place with them in my size right now wants to tack on a ridiculous shipping charge. So I went to www.peranis.com (then followed the hockey world link), where they have all kinds of old school / out of production (for good reason) pads . . .

Awesome! Now that's light!

Would have done these,

but they weren't in my size.

So I went with these:

$25.40, including shipping (again, a ridiculously steep shipping price). But just so it's clear, as my teammates would attest, I was not "born to play."

Happy shopping, anti-shoulder pad crowd!

No comments: