Valentine's Day

Ladies (so much of the readership, I know),


This is why men don't like Valentine's Day . . .


I had a game on February 13. The night before, my wife asks, "if your game were on Valentine's Day, would you play?" So, I thought about it for a second . . .


My wife is a firm believer that Valentine's Day is a made up, BS holiday sold by Hallmark as a boost to their revenue. I wholeheartedly agree. But I'm not stupid.


"No, I wouldn't play."


"Good. Valentine's Day is stupid, and we never do much special for it, but I'd be pissed if you went to play hockey."


There you have it. Yet another reason to dislike Valentine's Day.


To be fair, everyone enjoys getting a little extra positive attention, and I guess that's the best thing to do on Valentine's Day for the wife/girlfriend (casual hook-up?). And in the future, if I have a game on Valentine's Day, I'll make sure it's prominently on the calendar, but say that I'm not planning on going. Maybe my wife will remember that she doesn't think much more of Valentine's Day than I do, and she'll tell me to go . . . maybe.

No comments: